Listen To The Full Interview:
The stock market and the topic of investing doesn’t come naturally for many of us. In fact, 67% of women graded themselves at a C or worse in this area. So what’s a girl to do?
Well, let’s start with the basics:
- Learn to budget what you have.
- Find ways to increase your income if you’ve cut back and still can’t make traction.
- Eliminate your consumer debt.
- Establish an emergency savings fund.
Yeah, yeah, yeah…you’ve heard it all before.
Good! That means you’re paying attention.
But once you’ve passed the point of becoming convinced that fixing your finances is in order, building wealth should be next on your agenda.
I mean, why not?
That still leaves us in the place where we – in general – aren’t comfortable with the idea of investing and don’t know where to begin.
Hilary Hendershott, the founder of the Profit Boss community, wants to help you get comfortable with the stock market. She’s a financial planner who only works with wealthy clients, but she has a heart for women who need help getting started.
Hilary has expert advice for you, but she also has a story that you’ll want to check out this latest episode of the Midday Money Show. How does one person start over financially and rebound to a million dollar net worth? Hilary has and she shares just how it happened.
How comfortable are you with the idea of investing? Leave a comment on the new Midday Money Show voicemail. Call: (773) 893-0241
This episode is sponsored by:
#teamdebtfree, help yourself and support the Midday Money Show
by signing up for this FREE financial tracking tool
Topics Covered on this Episode
- How living above your means at any income level causes problems.
- How Hilary regrouped after hitting a financial rock bottom to develop a million dollar net worth.
- The attitudes toward money we have and how they impact our approach to finances.
- An area of inefficient spending she fixed to recover financially.
- Basic understanding of investing principles.
- Why the financial media is not a great source of information about the stock market.
“Being wealthy is not just one skill set. One of the core skill sets is spend less than you make.” ~ Hilary Hendershott
Share the love…
If you like The Midday Money Show podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes or Stitcher
- Help improve the podcast by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
Thank so much. I really appreciate your feedback.