We are smack dab in the midst of wedding season and little birdy told me that Elle Martinez of CoupleMoney.com is working on a newlywed personal finance guide. So, I asked her to join me on the Midday Money Show to give us a sneak peak at the topics she thinks couples should focus on.
I have a wedding to attend this summer.
I’m looking forward to wedding festivities, but I do wonder how couples address the money topic before the wedding – and then after. Elle was very gracious to lend us her expertise, and I think you’ll find plenty of value in the tips she provides.
This Podcast Episode Covers:
- Questions couples need to ask (and have answered) before saying “I Do”.
- Not letting assumptions about financial habits cause problems.
- How to set up the money date to address finances without turning it into an interrogation.
- How couples at odds financially can work together effectively.
- Tips for sticking to a wedding budget and facing this financial endeavor as a couple.
- Financial life after the wedding day – what should couples focus on first.
- Solid advice for couples facing tense financial conversations.
“Give your marriage the best head start you can.” ~ Elle Martinez
You can support the podcast by signing up for a FREE 30-day Audible trial!
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Visit CoupleMoney.com for the blog and articles on money and relationships.
- Visit CoupleMoneyPodcast.com to listen to the podcast
- Listen to other episodes of the Midday Money Show
Before you go, get your FREE copy of our tips to save more money!