Listen To The Full Interview:
We have another Midday Money Show first this week. I’ve never talked with a hip hop artist who was so intentional about spreading a message of financial literacy.
Don’t get me wrong, Dee-1 is a hip hop artist, first and foremost.
He came correct.
His lyrics are on point. The beats make you want to shake something.
Who knew this passion for personal finance would turn me into a pop culture music critic.
It’s just refreshing to run across an artist who is using his platform to inform, educate and uplift, rather than exploit negative stereotypes and push a false narrative of everyday living.
I haven’t felt this warm and gooey over music since I heard Video by India Arie. We’re talking decades.
Dee-1 has a viral video, No Car Note, that’s causing a sensation and changing mindsets. Enjoy his video and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Do you know of anymore fiscally responsible artists we can highlight? Leave a comment on the new Midday Money Show voicemail. Call: (773) 893-0241
This episode is sponsored by:
We talked about…
- How an Instagram comment, reflecting a popular mindset in the black community, served as inspiration for his viral video, No Car Note.
- Why he intentionally focuses on sound fiscal principles vs just abstaining from promoting excess and materialism in his music (oh he went deep).
- How he hopes to connect with young people to promote his message of positive living.
- Why he’s chosen to continue driving his 1998 Honda.
“It’s amazing that we’ll judge someone’s music by the kind of car they drive.” ~Dee-1 aka Mr. Augustine
- Hidden Money Challenge
- New Year New Your Financial Summit
- Dee-1’s website
- Midday Money Show voicemail: Call (773) 893-0241
Share the love…
If you like The Midday Money Show podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes or Stitcher
- Help improve the podcast by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
Thank so much. I really appreciate your feedback.
Leave a Reply